Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reminiscing (sp?)

I was just checking up on some things I wrote in other spaces and I found this:
02 de outubro
As time goes by...
As time goes by... it seems that not only time goes by, but that life also is dragged by, running me over, leaving me to wonder what it is all about. There is a feeling of not being able to redeem time, especially pleasurable, meaningful moments. Where have they gone? Is this all life is about? surviving from day to day? As much as I try to live the moment, focus on what is [should be] important, I still have the feeling that I am being left behind and that it is increasingly difficult to catch up. Maybe my expectations are too high, maybe I am dissatisfied too easily and cannot live the moment which hides behind a cloud of disapointment that I have allowed to drift into my line of vision. We must be content with our lot, yet strive for higher things, count our blessings and fight on, being courageous in the face of adversity - it is all so contradictory, or so it seems to me.

This was posted on 02/10/2007! I regret to say that I still face the same issues... I wonder what it is that stops me from going forward...

No comments:

Welcome

Welcome to my blog, feel free to post comments and help me build this...

Some of my favorite things

  • Excellent food
  • Music
  • Internet
  • Light clothes and flip flops
  • Beaches
  • Dogs
  • Flowers
  • Good books
  • Sunshine
  • Wind in sails